Dietary fiber or fiber is an main nutrient that as a parent you need but you should ensure that your kids have such diet plan or such diet foods that contain good amount of essential nutrients as well as fiber and if you are looking for high fiber foods for kids then you have hit the right page because here I’m going to share you best high fiber foods for kids that not only keep your kids healthy but also keep you satisfied. So, keep reading it 😀
Before explaining about the high fiber foods for kids, let’s have some general introduction to know that
What is Fiber?
According to Medline Plus, fiber is a substance found in the plant.
Deity fiber which is a type of fiber that you can eat is found in fruits, grains and vegetables. It is an important part of the health diet.
Types of Fiber
Following are two types of fiber:
- Soluble Fiber
- Insoluble Fiber
Soluble fiber is that which can dissolve in water as the name indicates. It regulated blood sugar level and help in lowering the cholesterol level.
Sources of Soluble Fiber
Following are the sources of soluble fiber:
- Oatmeal (Especially)
- Fruits (Peers, Berries and Apples)
Sources of Insoluble Fiber
Following are the sources of insoluble fiber:
After the general information of fiber and its types, let’s come to the point of high fiber foods for kids. So, keep reading…
Best High Fiber Foods For Kids – That Gives Vital Nutrients for Perfect Health
Following are the best high fiber foods for kids
Most kids don’t want to eat enough fruits and vegetables. Even that a small apple with skin has 5g gram of fiber with much sweetness that kids readily eat it up. 2 tablespoons of peanut butter have 1.6 fiber. Serve apple slices with them and adds 1.6
Serve apple slices with them and add 1.6 gram fiber to your kids’ healthy diet.
VeryWell a very popular site saying that like other fruits, apple are the great snack food and an unpeeled apple contain 5g of fiber. Apple can be the “kids’ friendly food” and it should be given without peeling so that your kids can most of fibers they need for perfect health and therefore it is among the high fiber foods for kids.
When your kid doesn’t eat the apple then you shouldn’t force. Try to give them with peanut butter saying WorldOfMoms so that your baby not only eat apple but also peanut that also add fibers as I explained above.
Why I selected raspberries? Here are the benefits of and the importance of raspberries that made me able to select them best among other high fiber foods for kids.
- Raspberries contain more dietary fiber than any other fruit.
- A cup of raspberries can give 8 grams of fiber to your kids. Look for chart of other high fiber foods.
- Boost immune system of your baby as it contain Vitamin C and antioxidant compounds.
- Helps your kids to fight dangerous diseases such as cancer, symptoms of arthritis and inflammation.
One of the highest-fiber berries, raspberries has as just fiber in a handful as you’ll find in a whole apple
How Can You Give Raspberries Fibers to Your Kids?
As it is best choice than other high fiber foods for kids so it must be given to your baby.
So you can add a few pieces of raspberries to fresh yogurt (low-fat) and serve it your baby as best protein-rich breakfast.
It is one of the best choices of most of the mum for their little one to give them an adequate amount of fiber for perfect health. It is also one among the high fiber foods for kids as
- Oats are actually natural fiber food contains complex carbohydrates and essential elements (iron, zinc, selenium, thiamin) necessary for kids health.
- A cup of oats gives 4 grams of fiber in addition to 166 calories to your little ones.
So, How Can You Give Oatmeal to Your Kids?
Start the day with your little ones with healthy bowl of oatmeal as breakfast which is in reality full of fibers and calories that give child a perfect health and sharp mind. Oatmeals are also the best choice of high fiber foods for kids
Do you want to make it favourite breakfast of your kids?
If you want to make the oatmeal the perfect diet of your kids then you can add cinnamon, maple syrup and raisins.
Beans and Legumes
Do you want healthy growth of and development of your little ones?
- If Yes! then beans will do so because beans contain not only the dietary fiber but also the rich source of iron and proteins.
- Kidney beans contain 14 gram of fiber in a single cup. You can add kidney bean, black bean to your kids’ healthy diet plan.
- A cup of navy beans provides 20 gram of fiber.
- Pinto beans, black beans and garbanzos beans can up to 12.4 and 16 gram of fiber per cup. So, you can also add them to your kids diet plan. It will work at the best.
- Nervous System boosts with beans and legumes as they contain main vital nutrients including iron, plant protein and Vitamin B6.
Tricky way to supply those fibers to your kids
Try to provide the salad with beans to your little one. Make veggies soup for kids and add beans to them. It will supply the essential vital nutrients and fibers to your kids as beans and legumes are high fiber foods for your kids.
Whole Grain Bread
Breakfast with bread is the choice of most of the mothers for their little one. They should need to know that how whole grain helps the healthy growth of their little ones.
- Whole grain bread helps in the healthy development of germs, edible parts and endosperm.
- Whole grain bread can regulate the digestive disorders and helps in proper healthy bowel functioning.
- Whole grains are also the high fiber foods for kids.
Whole Grain Cereals
Cereals are also the first and the foremost food that your kids need for the perfect start of the day and to gain all the essential nutrients. Whole grain cereals are thus very important to steal all the essential nutrients from it and then supply it your baby. So,
What are popular sources of whole grain cereals for kids?
Popular whole grains cereal sources for your little one are brown rice, puffed whole grain, popcorn, quinoa and bulgar.
Whole grain cereals are also the major source of essential that gives your kids perfect starting of growth and brain nourishment. It is regarded as one of the best high fiber foods for kids.
Whole grain is excellent source of minerals, healthy vitamins and phytochemicals. You can also give those whole grains cereals to your kids as it is recommended as high fiber foods for kids for perfect breakfast.
- Avocado is the fruit found in Central and South America.
- Different types of avocados contain high amount of dietary fibers.
- A full avocado contains 9.2 gram fiber and 224 calories if it is a California avocado.
- While a full avocado contains 17 gram fiber and 364 calories if it is a Florida Avocado.
- They are also the rich source of Vitamin E, Potassium, Folate and monosaturated fat.
Avocados are also the special high fiber foods for kids and are the choice of most of the mother in the entire world.
- Lentils are such foods that can easily incorporate into your child and can easily give those important fibers that your kids needed.
- Lentils are nutrient dense and versatile foods.
- Half cup of lentils supplies can give 8 gram of fiber and 126 calories.
- Lentils are also the best source of Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin B.
You can also watch special lentils soup recipe for kids.
How to serve your kids to supply those essential fibers and nutrients easily?
You can serve lentils with soup and with salads. Your kids will love to eat those lentils easily because they are yummy in taste and nutrients and fiber can be supply easily. Due to this speciality, it is one of the high fiber foods for kids.
Apart from apple and other fruits, your little ones must be fond of eating pears as
- 1 pear fruit can supply 5.5 gram of dietary fiber.
- Pears are high fiber foods for kids as well as the major source of Vitamin C to keep your kids active and healthy.
What are the best ways to supply pears essential fibers?
Following are the ways to quickly supply those essential fibers of pear to your kids:
- Give them ripe juicy and medium sized pear (with skin)
- Perfectly Pear Mash: Take 1 medium sized peer. Peel and de-seed (take out seed) the fully ripened pear. Mash according to your baby preference. You can also add cereal (if desired) to mash to thicken up. Steam the chunk of pears to make them soft for east digestion of your little one (4 months of age). Before giving any solid food to your kid must consult your doctor. Pears are also the high fiber foods for kids.
- For More: Go here for homemade special pear baby food recipes.
- Blackberries are so delicious in taste and you have to serve this taste to your kids to supply 8 gram of fiber per cup.
- Blackberries are also the high fiber foods for kids and your little one can easily feed them up.
- Blackberries help your baby in natural defence against different diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- Darker the blackberries, more vitamin K they contain in them.
- Blackberries contain plenty of antioxidants.
How can you make blackberries quickly eatable for your kid?
Watch this video!
Here I’ve explained top 10 high fiber foods for kids that give essential fiber and nutrients to your kids. If you really like my article then must share it. If you have any question in your mind then feel free to ask me.