Discovery of Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinsons Disease was first discovered by English Doctor, James Parkinson. In 1817, Doctor Parkinsons found that this disease is to be the disorder of central nervous system that usually occur due to loss of different cells in various parts of the brain, most importantly a region called the substantia nigra. This region produces dopamine.
What is Parkinson’s Disease?
Parkinsons disease is actually a nervous disorder which leads to progressive deterioration of motor function due to the loss of dopamine-producing brain cells.
Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
Following are the symptoms that usually show in individual affected with Parkinson’s disease.
- Shaking of head, hands or legs
- Slow movement
- Muscles aching
- Muscles Fatigue
- Weakness in the whole body
- Weak Eye-side
- Feel difficulty in communication with others
Causes of Parkinsons Disease
Following are possible causes for Parkinsons disease
- Genetic Causes: Modern researchers that Parkinsons disease can be caused my mutation in genes. But it is important to note that this causes of Parkinsons disease though genes mutation are very rare. In very rare cases family members affected with this disease.
- Environmental Factors: Modern researchers and the hard work of scientists showed that Environmental factors can be a major cause of Parkinson’s disease. It can be by rural living, well water and pesticides. The toxin in environmental factors may cause dopamine-producing neurons to die which leading to the development of Parkinsons disease. A very special case that took place in 1982 in California that on that time small drug users mistakenly use heroin contaminated with a dangerous synthetic drug called MPTP. The persons who contaminate themselves with MPTP immediately get this disease and their symptoms showed in a very short time. Afterwards, those unlucky person’s were known as “Frozen Addicts”. Many examples of different environmental factors can lead you towards the development of Parkinsons disease but as yet the evidence is in-convulsive.
- Loss of Dopamine: Nerve cells that are responsible for the development of this disease produce a chemical knows dopamine. When the working of dopamine disturbs then this problems leads us to Parkinsons disease as dopamine allows messages to sent to different parts of the brain that co-ordinate movement. When this dopamine does not work well it shows the symptoms of Parkinsons disease.
Death rate with Parkinsons diseases worldwide
Here is the list of top ten countries with global ranking and death rate per 100,000
- Finland: Ranks 1st by death rate of 4.66
- Iceland: Ranks 2nd by death rate of 4.56
- Senegal: Ranks 3rd by death rate is 4.55
- United States: Ranks 4th by death of 4.51
- United Kingdom: Ranks 5th by death rate of 4.37
- Ireland: Ranks 6th by death rate of 4.22
- Benin: Ranks 7th by death rate of 4.18
- Austria: Ranks 8th by death rate of 4.18
- Qatar: Ranks 9th by death of 4.17
- Mali: Ranks 10th by death rate of 4.16
For complete list…… Click Here
Worldwide view of Parkinsons disease Patients
Treatment for Parkinson’s disease
It is very sad to know that there is no proper treatment for Parkinsons disease but don’t worry, because this is not the end of life. Proper medication and other healthy activities can work very well in the treatment of Parkinsons disease. In some later cases, surgery may be advised.
Following are important treatments for Parkinsons disease
- Drugs Treatment: Modern researchers showed that Drug treatment is the main method to control the symptoms of Parkinsons disease. The main work in this treatment is to increase the level of dopamine so that the working between a brain and different parts of the body will hold properly. Main drugs that are used for the treatment of Parkinsons disease
- Surgery: This is also one of major treatment for Parkinsons disease. This method is actually used when symptoms of Parkinsons disease are out to control even with proper medication. This method may give you the better control of symptoms as Surgery can help you to control you movement but it’s very sad to know that it does not cure Parkinson’s and people are advised to take proper medication.
- Therapies: A large number of therapies can help the people with Parkinson’s. Therapies are actually provided you to keep yourself active and healthy with recommended exercise. A team of therapy manages your condition. Here is a list of therapies that are actually used to deal with this disease.1. Occupational Therapy
2. Physiotherapy3. Seeing a dietitian4. Complementary therapies5. Speech and language therapy
Prevention for Parkinson’s disease
As there is no proper prevention for Parkinson’s Disease but it is found that caffeine in the coffee and cock-cola can give you some prevention from getting this disease.
“Here I’ve shared all my information about Parkinson’s Disease. After reading my article if you really found it as a useful article then comment your opinion in the “discussion box” below”